Thursday, February 19, 2009

AMERICAN GIRL MYSTERY PARTY




If you have a little girl who loves American Girl Dolls as much as Petunia, you definitely want to read this.  While casually perusing the sale page of the American Girl website, I came across a kit for an American Girl Mystery Party. The concept is that each girl at the party is assigned a role and given a script. As the girls play out the story they will find/receive clues and at the end of the story, they will solve the mystery. When Petunia saw this, she fell in love with the idea and we ordered the kit for her March birthday party. But wait! I haven't told you the best part yet. Remember how I said I was perusing the sale section? Well, the party kit, including invitations, clue cards and props, beautiful scripts for each child and instructions for the parent in charge, was only $5 (regularly $16.95)!!!! Here is the direct link to the kit.



I honestly didn't know what to expect when I ordered the party kit, but for only five dollars, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I'm not really a party-in-a-box type of person, always choosing to take the long way around and do everything myself ( you're shocked, I'm sure!). But I thought at the very least, we would have the concept of the party in hand and I could discard and recreate anything that was not up to par. So when we opened the box, I was thrilled to see a beautiful, well-thought-out party with lovely invitations, nicely bound scripts and adorable cards to include in the invites describing the character that each guest will play (pictured above). 


The invitations urge guests to dress for their part before arriving at the party, but I will likely include a note saying that we will take care of that as the party begins. As for our plans for the rest of the party, you'll just have to wait and see. We don't want to spoil our surprises! But I just had to share the scoop on this beautiful bargain before it sells out. So grab one while they're still available and I promise I'll be back in March with tons of ideas to make this party even more special.

Oh, and one more thing: a Molly Mystery Party is also available.

No comments: