Friday, October 3, 2008

COOK FOR THE CURE


I am a couple of days late on posting about breast cancer awareness month and I have to admit, I am feeling really guilty about it. I think next year I'll wait a day to debut my cards and give October 1st my full pink attention. But enough with my true confessions, because I have the most wonderfully fantastic, super duper idea to tell you about. I'm so excited I can barely stand it!

Have you ever heard of "pass the plate?" I was actually planning to write a post about it and even went so far as collect all the materials that I needed (tea towel, plate...) to get a plate passing started and let you all follow it's trail. But this, THIS is a much better way to do it!!! Kitchenaid has teamed up with  Villeroy and Boch to design a party platter inscribed with the words "Cook for your Family, Cook for your Friends, Cook for the Cure." (The platter is for sale at the shopKitchenAid.com for $24.95) Once you purchase the platter, register it online using the code located on the bottom of the platter. Then cook your favorite dish and pass it on to a friend. Once received and your treats are enjoyed, the recipient tracks the plate online, cooks a meal and passes it on. For every time the plate is passed and the recipient tracks it online, Kitchenaid will donate $5 to the Susan G. Komen foundation. Here's what Kitchenaid has to say about this Cook for the Cure endeavor:
Turn your passion for cooking into a passion for helping win the fight against breast cancer. . . Cook something to put on your plate and pass it to a friend, and you're on your way to making an impact. Share your story and watch as your plate travels from person to person. Pass the Plate in honor of someone special, or just to help make a difference.
What a perfect way to spread awareness and help raise money for a cause that surely has touched all of us in some way. The thing I like most about it is that you actually get to do something. You cook, you connect and help spread the word in the best possible way. Whenever I write a check to a cause such as this, I feel like I should be doing more, that it's not enough. With pass the plate, we are all able to actively participate in such a fun and positive way. 

Be sure to comment here if you purchase a platter so we can all follow the trails of our plates together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.