Thursday, August 21, 2008

GREAT GIFT! SKETCH & TELL DRAWING BOOKS


In keeping with the party theme of this blog, I would like to start a series of posts, maybe weekly?, which will focus on things that I find in my travels that would make great gifts and/or party favors. Let's face it, everyone knows what it's like to be scrambling for the perfect gift at the last minute and it is not fun. Usually, I end up settling for something sub par simply because I ran out of time. Well, I have gotten smart (at least in this regard) and now pick up things as I see them, en masse.

First in the great gift series is the Eric Carle Sketch and Tell Story Books and these are perfect for so many reasons. First, both boys and girls will love them. Second, they are appropriate for a large range of ages. The age on them says 6+, but from my experience, I think they would be appropriate for children ages 5-12. These wonderful books inspire children to write and illustrate their own stories. Here is a shot of the inside of the larger, wire bound book:

With plenty of pages and plenty of room to draw and write, your child's imagination can run wild and then you have a beautiful keepsake of your child's work. Can you tell that I just love these?

The best part is that they come in various sizes and the price is right! You can find the large and small softcover versions here for $4.79 and $1.59, respectively. But for gift giving, there are also hard cover versions of the larger size for only $9.99. I found them at A.C. Moore, but I think you can find them at most art supply stores. So the larger books are perfect for gift-giving and the smaller make fantastic party favors! And at only $1.59 each, you are giving a lovely little gift that a) looks like you spent much more than the $1.59 price tag and b) will not be discarded moments after your party ends. I love these books!

3 comments:

Brittney Paul said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! Your parties look amazing, hopefully one day I'll be able to put as much detail into my daughter's parties as you do yours.

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Brittney, thanks so much for stopping by and are you kidding? Your daughter's party looks fantastic. Everyone reading this comment should shoot on over to Brittney's blog and check out the amazing cupcake cake she made. It is awesome! And her mil's idea for the floral arrangement was so clever and cute. You have to check it out.

http://stevenandbrittneypaul.blogspot.com/2008/08/happy-first-birthday-mackenna.html

Kathryn said...

I love that idea! I'll have to keep my eye out for them ...