Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THINGS I LOVE: SLEEP ANGELS

 To say that I love these sleep angels is the understatement of all understatements. Just the thought of these beautiful little bits of happiness makes me absolutely giddy! Seriously, I'm grinning from ear to ear right now. So, what are sleep angels? They are small linen dolls that are hand embroidered with the sweetest and most delicate detail and are then filled with polyfill and dried lavender flowers grown in none other than Provence. Each angel is lovingly made by Apol, a lovely and gracious French woman who has a gift for adding that special touch that turns everything she makes into the most special thing that you will ever own.

My two oldest children adore their sleep angels and have them by their side each night. And in the morning when I straighten their beds, the scent of lavender is amazing! Apol's beautiful work has even inspired me to grow my own lavender. I'm not sure what I'll do with it other than watch it grow, but it makes me happy just knowing it's there.

My dream - pun totally intended - is to have a sleepover birthday party for one of my children and present each guest with a sleep angel just before they all quietly drift off to sleep exactly as scheduled at 9 pm.  Hey, I said it was a dream right? But what an unbelievable party favor! Truly a one of a kind gift. Can't you just picture them peeking out of Christmas stockings everywhere?

You can purchase sleep angels and all kinds of beautiful things handmade by Apol at her Etsy shop Lapomme. But if you're on my gift list, don't browse too much. I've done some shopping recently and I don't want you to find your surprise!

2 comments:

Corri Taylor said...

oh i love them too ohh so sweet

Kathryn said...

Very cute! I'm adding them to my Christmas wish list ...